Wednesday, May 19, 2010

It's beautiful out. So I'm going running, right?

Wrong. Making a pizza and watching "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"? Correct. This is probably the girliest thing I will ever say but...my hair looks too good to go running today.

In other news, my knee pain has not gone away, even after buying a knee brace (I tried them on in the middle of Meijer, FYI). Realizing just now that I wrote a blog about my knee injury/general pain but never posted it, I should back up.

When I run for extended periods of time - say, more than four miles...so not even really all that "extended" - my right knee always hurts at the end of my run. Compound this ongoing issue with the fact that about three weeks ago, I fell while running at Kensington Metropark (a lovely 8-mile trail near Kent Lake, Mich.) and banged up - you guessed it - the same knee that had already been having problems.



Real smart, Jess.

Well, all the brace really seems to do is make my knee really stiff and warm while I run. Afterward, it still hurts, and I can feel my pulse in my kneecap! Not sure if that's a good or bad thing, but it feels neat, like having a heart in my knee.

Pizza's done, and so is this blog. Do I feel guilty about my laziness? Not really. But I do wish I had a bottle of wine...

No comments:

Post a Comment